April 19, 2006

The Danielson Ship is Sailing

It's only a few weeks before the release of Ships, the new album by Danielson (aka, Danielson Famile). Aren't you excited? I am (and Leah is cringing in the corner, hoping the album release gets pushed to July of 2013). I read about Danielson Famile in The Believer last year and then downloaded some of their MP3s from Paste Music. Expecting a musical epiphany, I fired up iTunes and listened...



...and I hated it. Then I listened again. And I hated it. Then I listened again. And I hated it, but not quite as much. Then I listened again. And I didn't mind it so much. Then I listened to it again. And then I couldn't stop listening to it...

Said the Gramaphone has posted an MP3 of Cast it at the Setting Sail from the upcoming album, and Did I Step on Your Trumpet can be downloaded directly from Danielson's web site. And don't forget the upcoming documentary - it should be most interesting.