April 18, 2006

Jay Ryan & The Bird Machine

It's 6:00am and I'm sleepy, but writing in the morning wakes me up, so here goes...

Quick Question: I want to read a Neil Gaiman book, but don't know where to start. Anyone have a suggestion?

...when I bought
Michael Chabon's book, The Final Solution: A Story of Dectetion, a couple years ago, the first thing that caught my eye was the artwork.



On the dust cover and all throughout the book are sharp styalized drawings. I googled the artist, Jay Ryan, and found his site, The Bird Machine. The majority of Ryan's silkscreen prints are concert posters that are reasonably priced (I own four). Ryan also did the artwork for Andrew Bird's album, The Mysterious Production of Eggs.



...which gets me to why I'm posting about Jay Ryan - he has a cool new Death Cab for Cutie print: