July 11, 2006

Tuesday at the Music Store

The one record I know I'll pick up this week is Thom Yorke's solo album, The Eraser, which I've heard described as Radiohead without guitars or drums. I'm always a little hesitant when buying solo projects, but I'll take my chances with this one.

There are some other interesting releases to note as well. At age 75, Ramblin' Jack Elliot has a new album, I Stand Alone, releasing today. The new Sufjan Stevens record, The Avalanche, also comes out today, but I may wait to find a used copy of this one. I think I'm the only blogger in the world that wasn't blown away by Illinois, so I'm going to take my time with its outtakes.

For a complete list of today's releases, check out Largehearted Boy.

Downloads:
Ramblin' Jack Elliot | Careless Darling [MP3]
Ramblin' Jack Elliot | Rake and Ramblin' Boy [MP3]