April 27, 2006

Wormholes and Dirty Words

Between 4:45 and 5:08 this afternoon one of three things happened. I either went through a wormhole, time slipped or there was a ripple in the space time continuum.

Why, you ask?

At 4:45 this afternoon I turned around to speak to someone for approximately four minutes. When I turned back around and looked at the time on my computer, 23 minutes had passed. It reminded me a little of Kurt Vonnegut’s Timequake (great book) and way too many Star Trek episodes. Looking around at my coworkers, I realized no one else had noticed. It was a disturbance unique to me. Very odd.



If you haven’t heard A Gilded Age or Minor Daughter by Norfolk & Western, your last day to legally download these songs from Hush Records is today. They’re great tracks – if you like M. Ward or The Decemberists (or just dig bands with Dalmations) check ‘em out…

Norfolk & Western | Gilded Age [MP3]
Norfolk & Western | Minor Daughter [MP3]

Oh, and if you speak about them, please annunciate. I asked for their album at my local independent music store, and the pink-haired employee thought I said Norfuck. She thought I was being dirty.