May 11, 2006

Google Trends + Music = Nerd Fun

Yesterday I posted about Google Trends, a web tool that shows search patterns and volume. The fun to be had with this tool is limitless. I’ve posted some of my searches below. Please post what you think is interesting in the comments.

I found that Yanni is superior to Kenny G and John Tesh. The spike is when Yanni was in the news for domestic abuse… Yanni, Kenny G, John Tesh



It appears that Taylor is going to win American Idol, and Katharine (my least favorite) has a spike at the end due to her recent wardrope malfuction. Taylor Hicks, Elliott Yamin, Katharine McPhee



Jack White’s bands are starting to converge. White Stripes, Raconteurs, Jack White



Rightfully so, The Beatles overshadow Elvis. Elvis, Beatles, The Beatles



And of The Beatles, John is the most popular. John, Paul, George, Ringo